Up Your Nutrition Game
With summer coming to a close and the holidays just around the corner, we thought it was a perfect time to launch our next nutrition challenge!
We often get questions about what foods are actually healthy, if carbs are “bad”, when you should drink your post-workout protein shake, and how to optimize your body composition (i.e. lose fat and gain muscle). We also realize that not everyone has the time or the commitment to stick to something like keto or a diet where you have to track every single macronutrient that enters your body, which is why this challenge will be a little different. If any of this resonates with you, then this is something you should be interested in!
This next nutrition challenge is going to be designed to help you eat real, whole, nutrient dense food and balanced meals. We will be focusing a bit on what to eat before and after workouts to help maximize your performance and optimize your body composition. The fun part? We will have some guidelines (or rules, if you want to call them that) for this challenge. All participants who adhere to all guidelines will be entered in a raffle to win a $100 Lululemon gift card. We will draw the winner at the end of the 6 weeks, picking from all participants who followed all guidelines of the challenge.
Who: Anyone looking for some extra accountability or who needs some help finding healthy choices for meals in stead of grabbing a protein bar and some chips for lunch every day.
What: A 6 week challenge designed to dial down on eating the right caloric count for your body and goals and focusing on fueling yourself with quality food choices.
When: The challenge starts on OCTOBER 1st and goes through NOVEMBER 11th. We will be hosting a free nutrition seminar for anyone interested on Saturday, September 15th at 8:30am.
What you get:
- A 6 week nutrition template.
- A guide on what foods you should be eating and what you shouldn’t.
- Access to a private accountability Facebook group.
- An initial and final body composition test.
- 6 weeks of check-ins from Nick and Nicole, designed to help keep you on track and make any necessary adjustments.
- 20% off all Driven Nutrition supplements for the duration of the challenge.
- The chance to win a $100 LULULEMON GIFT CARD.
- Work out 18 times (this averages to 3x/week) throughout the duration of the challenge. For a workout to count, it must be performed at either Rise Athletics location.
- Check in with us once per week via email.
- Complete initial and final body composition tests.
- A food log for every day of the challenge (on paper, in myfitnesspal, in the notes app on your phone). This is not for our sake, but for yours. Being conscious with what you are eating makes a world of difference.
2018 08 30